Location: Alameda, California
Natel is a team driven by a vision of climate resilient hydropower that solves the problems inhibiting traditional hydropower: capital intensity, negative environmental and community impacts, and inflexibility in the face of climate uncertainty. We are launching a new hydropower product which enables cost-effective production of low impact, distributed reliable energy at utility scale while maintaining the health of watershed ecosystems and the communities who surround them.
Natel Energy, Inc. seeks a motivated candidate to be a key player in the sales activities for a ground-breaking new distributed hydroelectric technology. Overall, you will help customers understand the value proposition, coach them through understanding the differences and advantages (technical and ROI) and help build and maintain the new customer base. This is for a new low-head, sustainable hydro technology that can scale to gigawatts with expected median individual sales at $1M-$5M. You will also help research and connect with new customers. The right candidate will have a working knowledge of renewable energy, and/or water infrastructure and/or watersheds and should demonstrate technical literacy, excellent work ethic, creativity and desire to work in a well funded startup environment working closely with a growing, dynamic team.
Sales opportunities follow up:
- Manage a specific subset of customer opportunities, not necessarily based on region or territory.
- Keep opportunities on track and diligently prioritize.
- Manage incoming inquiries including new incoming inquiries qualifying new leads based on customer quality, hydro site characteristics, hydro project development stage and project financials, and manage initial responses.
- Maintain data and task information sufficient for cross-team coordination.
Hydro site analytics:
- Basic hydro advisory sales process including helping customers with head and flow physics of hydro energy, IRR and LCOE results Natel hydro turbine unit selection, and basic site civil layout.
- Maintain data for own opportunities.
- Interface with Natel site analytics tools.
- Responsible for CRM data integrity for all Natel opportunities.
- Primary research on specific customers and customer classes.
- Mine industry news, social media (e.g. LinkedIn groups) for customer ops.
- Interface with Product team on market research.
Spearhead social media outreach:
- Help manage Natel’s presence in online forums substantive topic engagement with Natel team input.
- Not an advertising or press release activity.
- Low in the beginning limited to a few trade shows; with expertise.
- Probable travel to sites and customers ramping up to approximately 20%.
- Hydropower, irrigation or distributed energy background preferred.
- Technical sales in energy technology, energy markets desirable.
- Strong financial and other Excel modeling experience desirable.
- High level of computer literacy (CRM, Google for Work (Gdocs, Gsheets, Gslides, Gmail)
- Ability to learn quickly and apply skills immediately.
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to details.
- Ability to adapt to change with a positive attitude.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Exceptional phone, interpersonal, oral/written communication skills.
- Work well with little or no supervision, exercise good time management skills.
- Punctuality and regular attendance is a must.
Alameda, CA. Natel Energy is a San Francisco Bay Area company, located in a former hanger of the Alameda Naval Air Station. The successful candidate will be expected to make his/her own accommodation and commute arrangements. Will consider someone based remotely.
TBD based upon candidate’s experience and qualifications.
Natel Energy, Inc. is developing a new hydropower product enabling profitable production of low impact, distributed baseload energy from existing low dams, irrigation canals, and other low head hydropower resources. Natel’s vision is to harness the power of moving water to deliver reliable, renewable energy at a cost competitive with traditional generation sources such as coal and natural gas, while protecting or enhancing watershed ecosystems. With Natel’s hydroEngine® technology, thousands of existing low dams and drops up 60 feet net head, both in constructed waterways and in streams, can be retrofitted with a minimum of environmental impact to produce a new source of renewable, reliable electricity. In addition, new hydropower developments can be designed that work within river ecosystems to minimize environmental impact, while delivering low-cost, renewable, reliable electricity.
If interested, please provide your resume detailing experience and academic background as well as a cover letter to email@example.com. Please reference “Sales Manager – Hydro” in the subject line. We look forward to receiving application materials from qualified and enthusiastic candidates.