Natel Energy designs fish-friendly hydroelectric turbines called hydroEnginesⓇ. These turbines can generate over 1MW and must operate reliably in harsh environments at high efficiency and low cost.
Natel is searching for a creative, motivated structural engineer to complement our team’s mechanical engineering capabilities in developing our hydroelectric turbomachinery products. You will be responsible for core turbine structural components including mounting and alignment approaches, along with turbine housings, human platforms, and other operational & maintenance infrastructure. An open, creative mindset and approach is essential. This position reports directly to Natel’s Director of Engineering.
This role is for you if:
- You are seeking a new and interesting structural design space, where industry best practices and standards must be applied to novel situations. You like the idea of working with a team of multidisciplinary engineers who will challenge your assertions and enjoy learning with you.
- You find the possibility of new ideas exciting, not daunting. You enjoy all phases of the design process: defining specifications, concept development, detail design, supplier selection, and making and assembling individual parts and an entire system. You know how to use resources to learn new things and explore new possibilities.
- You really enjoy CAD. You are comfortable, happy, and competent both in the shop and behind a computer screen.
- You take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- B.S. or higher in Structural or Civil Engineering
- Experience in designing long life, fatigue resistant welded steel structures per AWS or similar standards
- Solid engineering fundamentals and strong communication skills
- Relevant experience and/or training in related fields: industrial equipment or machinery, structural aerospace or automotive, etc. Some level of hands-on shop/fab/assembly experience is also required
We encourage candidates of all experience levels to apply for this role. We value creativity, skill, and potential and do not have a minimum or maximum experience guideline. Compensation will be adjusted accordingly.
To apply, please provide a cover letter that explains why you are best qualified and motivated for the role of Structural Engineer, along with your resume/CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Structural Engineer” in the subject.