Natel is searching for a competent and motivated product / systems engineer to help scope, plan, design, analyze, test, and refine the company’s hydroelectric turbomachinery products. The engineer will use a broad engineering background and big-picture viewpoint to create, implement, and drive technical product development.
This role is for you if:
- You have a high degree of engineering intuition and breadth. You are competent in doing rapid sizing, structural, kinematic, and cost analyses, and you routinely develop these kinds of models both mentally and formally as you evaluate the world around you.
- You find the possibility of new ideas exciting, not daunting. You enjoy the big-picture perspective, steering team efforts, and the challenge of uncovering new product-level opportunities. You know how to use resources to learn new things and explore new possibilities.
- You like exploring and mastering multidimensional tradeoffs through models that you create. You are proactive in driving to fill gaps and learning about new drivers to continually adjust your perspective.
- You know it’s not all about performance; you have experience designing engineering systems and products to be reliable and low-cost as well.
- An engineering degree in a relevant field, with at least a few years of experience in fast paced, challenging, multi-disciplinary roles.
- Experience defining and driving the development of a engineering system(s) or products.
- Experience with CAD (NX preferred), FEA, and/or CFD (Fluent preferred) are big pluses.
- Comfortable in building engineering models from scratch in Matlab, python, spreadsheets, etc.
- Independent and self-motivated, yet enjoys working in a collaborative and interactive team environment.
Knowing that competence for this type of role can come from a wide range of backgrounds and careers, we’re intentionally being broad with qualifications. If you understand the type of engineer we’re looking for and think it’s you, tell us why!
Interested applicants must provide a cover letter explaining why they are best qualified and motivated to win THIS JOB (generic cover letters are highly discouraged), along with a resume/CV, to email@example.com.