Location: Alameda, Bay Area, California Type: Full time
Natel Energy is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to lead the development of our turbomachinery control system product. This system controls both our field installations and in-house performance testing facilities. The data and user interface needs of both our mechanical engineering team and power plant customers will guide your development while you also maintain organized control code and electrical documentation.
- Define control system product requirements and drive development and improvements.
- Design modular control cabinets and work with UL508A panel shops to manufacture the panels cost effectively.
- Select and install sensors to characterize hydraulic performance, mechanical performance and health of our hydroEngine products.
- Write maintainable and extendable code for turbine and test facility control.
- Build and maintain data dashboards such that sensor data is easily visualized and compared to normal conditions.
- Select, install and be the internal point of contact for motors, wire, power electronics and electrical protection equipment.
- Travel to field installations to commission and maintain installed projects.
This role is for you if:
- You enjoy working with people and solving problems with computers, wiring and power electronics.
- You are familiar with relevant communication protocols, computer languages and interfaces such as: GIT, UNIX, HTTPS, JSON, C#, IEC 61131-3, TCP/IP.
- You are able to produce organized electrical schematics, user interfaces, control code and software documentation.
- You have or are interested in developing an intuition for the behavior of mechanically dynamic systems.
- You are able to prioritize tasks and work independently to develop an important mechatronic subcomponent of a larger mechanical system.
- You have a BS/MS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
About Natel Energy, Inc:
Founded by MIT alumni, Natel Energy, Inc. is launching a groundbreaking hydropower product enabling cost-effective production of low impact, distributed baseload hydropower from existing low dams, irrigation canals, and other low head hydropower resources. In 2017, Natel commissioned an 80kW hydraulic performance testing facility on the former Naval Air Station in Alameda, CA which is used to stress test the performance of our third-generation hydroEngine product.
Interested applicants must provide a cover letter explaining why they are best qualified and motivated to win THIS JOB (generic cover letters are highly discouraged), along with a resume/CV, to email@example.com.