Location: Alameda, California
Natel Energy designs eco-friendly hydroelectric turbines called hydroEnginesⓇ. These turbines can generate over 1MW and must operate reliably in harsh environments at high efficiency and low cost.
This role is for you if:
You are highly skilled at machine assembly. Bonus if you have experience with turbine assembly. You know how to build machines armed with just engineering drawings and a pile of parts. You have learned through on the job experience best practices in building complex machines, including experience in troubleshooting. You have a high degree of mechanical intuition. You are a self-starter.
You find the possibility of new ideas exciting, not daunting. You enjoy being tasked with solving problems and making things work. You enjoy working with a diverse team. You are comfortable with limited direction and ask questions when appropriate. You know how to use resources to learn new things and explore new possibilities.
You embody a strong safety culture and build this culture among your colleagues. You are skilled with rigging, operating a forklift, and using hand tools.
You communicate clearly.
You take personal pride in the quality of your work.
Bonus if you possess fabrication or machining skills, or general electrical workbench skills (basic circuit analysis and design, soldering, crimping, use of multimeters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, etc. . .).
assembler, machine assembly, troubleshooting, mechanical assembly, fitter, turbine assembly
Competitive, based on skills and experience.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Activities requiring handling and grasping with the hands when performing repairs or maintenance of equipment by utilizing hand tools, power tools, air tools, nuts, bolts, electronic controls, and other small parts
- Occasional use of foot/feet to operate foot pedal on equipment to test operation
- Lifting: frequent up to 25 lbs, occasional up to 50 lbs, infrequent up to 75 lbs
- Ability to walk and stand on concrete and uneven surfaces for at least 4 hours per day
- Ability to bend, kneel and work with arms raised for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to climb over and into heavy equipment and/or confined spaces
- Occasional working at heights above 10 ft
- Occasional exposure to bright lights, extreme temperatures, noise, dust, fumes, etc.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience, Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States, 18 years or older.
Natel Energy, Inc. is developing a new hydropower product enabling profitable production of low impact, distributed baseload energy from existing low dams, irrigation canals, and other low head hydropower resources. Natel is located in beautiful office and manufacturing space in the control tower of the former Naval Air Station in Alameda, CA. (Candidate must be willing to locate in the Bay Area.)
We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefit package including health insurance, 401k, and an opportunity to work in a fun and intense environment with highly skilled, creative people. We are recruiting self-motivated, results-driven candidates who take pride in quality and thrive on challenging problems.
Interested applicants must respond with a cover letter explaining why they are best qualified and motivated to win THIS JOB (generic coverletters are highly discouraged), along with a resume/CV/summary of experience to email@example.com. Please reference “Mechanical Technician” in the subject.